Racing Dog Rescue Project always welcomes volunteers. It in only through the generous donations of time, money and services that we have been able to continue our rescue efforts.
There are many ways to volunteer, including:
- Participate in Meet and Greets. If you like talking to prospective adopters about the privilege of owning a Greyhound, then we would be happy for you to contribute in this way. As an extra bonus, your Greyhound can join you as your Ambassadog! We have regularly scheduled M&G’s around the area. For times, dates and locations, click on the Events Calendar. For specific information, contact our M&G Coordinator (under Contact Us/Board & Advisory).
- Join our Fundraising Committee. If you have experience with raising funds for a cause, or if you would like to learn, we would love your help. For specific information, contact our Fundraising Coordinator (under Contact Us/Board & Advisory).
- Donate. To help care for our Greyhounds, we would appreciate your support of funds, gifts in-kind, or any item on our Kennel Wish List.
- Handiwork, Carpentry, Construction. If you like working with your hands, we need your skills at our Adoption Center. Contact our Facility Project Manager, who also acts as our Treasurer (under Contact Us/Board & Advisory).
- Gardening. If you want to join our Garden Committee, we could use your help in the Greyt Garden.
- Kennel Clean-up. If you would like to serve the Greyhounds by helping us keep their kennels clean, we would greatly appreciate your help.
- Walk and socialize the Greys. If you want to work with our precious Greyhounds at our Adoption Center, we would love to have you join us. Complete the Volunteer Application and contact our GH Care Trainer.
- Foster a Greyhound. If you would like to experience the joy of bringing a newly retired racer in to your home and teaching him or her how to become a pet in preparation for finding a forever home, we would love to have you volunteer to foster. Please read about our foster program under “Volunteer to Foster!” and complete the Adoption /Foster Application. In answer to the question “Why do you want to adopt?” – please indicate you want to foster and why.
- Transporting. On occasion, we need to take one of our adoptable dogs to the vet for non-emergency care. If you are willing to offer local transportation for one or more of our Greyhounds, we would love to have you join our Transportation Force.
Please complete the Volunteer Application if would like to help us help the Greyhounds.
If you have any questions, contact the Volunteer Coordinator (under Contact Us/Board & Advisory), unless otherwise posted.
We thank you for considering donating your time, funds and services in helping our efforts to rescue retired racing Greyhounds.